Life & Body
Crunches for the lower abdominal muscles
Crunches in the opposite direction mainly train the lower abdominal muscles. There are countless variations in this exercise. Style PASS introduces the simplest version.
To do this, you lie on your back, do not forget a cloth or mat. This time your arms rest stretched out beside your body. Now you can start:
- tense up your stomach
- raise your legs. They should be bent at a right angle.
- now move your knees to your chest. And this in such a way that
- the bottom is lifted from the base. In this position
- Tighten and hold the abdomen to the maximum.
15 to 20 reps. Then take a short break. If you want more, do another pass ... or two or three!
Do not forget the classic
It continues with another classic: The forearm support also known as the Linien-Schub or Plank(e). This is one of the most effective exercises to train the muscles in the abdomen. This exercise is also ideal for people who have problems with their back, because the muscles are trained at the same time.
And this is how it works:
Again we lie on the floor, but this time on our stomach. During this exercise it is important not to fall into the hollow back.
- from the lying position we go down on our knees.
- the forearms remain on the floor. Upper and lower arm form a right angle.
- The elbows are in line with the shoulders.
- the neck is extended and the gaze goes towards the floor.
- stretch one leg backwards first, then the second.
- the feet are together, the tips of the toes touch the ground.
- the belly is now tense and approx.
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds (depending on your personal fitness).
- the pelvis must not sink in this position.
After tensing, slowly (!) return to the starting position.
Important: Please "plan" enough strength so that you can carry out this last step properly, otherwise injuries may occur.
Those who are still able to do it, do 2 or 3 repetitions. Beginners are also welcome to leave it at one run.
Style PASS thinks, now summer can come!